3.2 GTV for sale in classifieds.... - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #26 of 55 Old 09-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Bump!


Last chance to buy or it gets chopped in at a dealer

I've never known it be so difficult to sell a car, you'd think people didn't have any money or something

EDIT: Oops pressed the wrong button and somehow delisted the advert in the classifieds.

Heres the link to Pistonheads (mods if this isn't allowed then let me know and I'll remove it)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3044623.htm

Last edited by GTV 3.2 OWNER; 09-08-11 at 15:03.
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Alfa_Holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 819
It's a very tough market! If you can hold out i would price it at 6.990 and give it 6 weeks

Is the dealer giving you a good p/x?
Alfa_Holic is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Alfa_Holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 819
Just noticed you've reduced the price!
Alfa_Holic is offline  
Status: Cup-A-Likes are nice too
AO Silver Member
 
CG Trading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,933
Images: 13

Member car:

Jag STR, V6 GTVs

Patience is a virtue

It takes time to sell these types of car, unlees you're prepared to give them away....which is what a lot of people are doing because they can't, or won't, wait for the right buyer.

This is one of the reasons prices are low.

Clive
CG Trading is offline  
(Post Link) post #30 of 55 Old 09-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Trading View Post
It takes time to sell these types of car, unlees you're prepared to give them away....which is what a lot of people are doing because they can't, or won't, wait for the right buyer.

This is one of the reasons prices are low.

Clive
Since listing it for sale at what I considered to be a fair price I've had 8 emails all of which were blatant scammers, and 1 phonecall from a dealer who phoned about an hour after it was put on.

And thats it

He's made me an offer which was at the bottom end of what I would take; but if I include the money I'm going to get back for my insurance which is quite a bit then this is *just about* ok.

I'm not happy about it; it should be worth more. I guess its hard for anybody looking for a GTV to find a reason to spend 7 grand on one when they can get them for 3 or 4. Even though a 3 or 4 grand one may well need a Q2 and cambelt.

Of the 2 other GTV 3.2's for sale, the one at Veloces has been reduced to under 6 grand from over 7, and the black and whites one has been on sale since we last had snow, judging by the photos.

Its sad isn't it
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: Cup-A-Likes are nice too
AO Silver Member
 
CG Trading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,933
Images: 13

Member car:

Jag STR, V6 GTVs

Out scammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV 3.2 OWNER View Post
Since listing it for sale at what I considered to be a fair price I've had 8 emails all of which were blatant scammers, and 1 phonecall from a dealer who phoned about an hour after it was put on.

I guess its hard for anybody looking for a GTV to find a reason to spend 7 grand on one when they can get them for 3 or 4. Even though a 3 or 4 grand one may well need a Q2 and cambelt.

Of the 2 other GTV 3.2's for sale, the one at Veloces has been reduced to under 6 grand from over 7, and the black and whites one has been on sale since we last had snow, judging by the photos.

Its sad isn't it
yeah but....yours is 38,000 miles, theirs nearly 80,000 miles.

A good 38k 3.0 GTV cambelted, Q2'd, serviced etc is worth 5k to 6k+ IMO, a 38k 3.2 IS worth quite a bit more but you have to be prepared to wait to get the money.

As far as scammers go I think I've had the 'best' so far. An Austrian guy asked if I'd be prepared to do a straight swap for a pair of top end audio speakers** for my De Tomaso Pantera which is up for 45k!

**cost 57500 Euros new

Still I supose they'd take up less space.

Clive
CG Trading is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
gtv darren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 594
Images: 6

Member car:

gtv

I would seriously think twice about lowering your price too much i have made this mistake far two often in the past only to regret it later and see someone else sell the vehicle for far more than i let it go for....if you can afford to wait for the right buyer to come along then i would wait there will be a buyer somewhere out there but i surpose it depends on how quickly you need the cash...good luck with the sale
gtv darren is offline  
(Post Link) post #33 of 55 Old 11-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Trading View Post
As far as scammers go I think I've had the 'best' so far. An Austrian guy asked if I'd be prepared to do a straight swap for a pair of top end audio speakers** for my De Tomaso Pantera which is up for 45k!

**cost 57500 Euros new

Still I supose they'd take up less space.

Clive
And so it continues.......heres the latest; this is the second email where he's suppoosedly away working on a boat this time he's a member of that well known navy: the 'united Kingdom naval mechanical dept.'




I really appreciate your response to my mail,i am satisfied with the price and would like to buy this Vehicle from you and i want you to withdraw the advert from the site. I'm using this opportunity also to inform you that i won't be able to come and inspect it or pay by cash because i am a member of the united Kingdom naval mechanical dept. and i am at work on sea at the moment PayPal is the only option open to me as i don't have online banking attached to my bank account. I would appreciate it if i could pay via PayPal. Meanwhile pick up will be organized by me after payment has been made. However if you don't have a PayPal account you can just log on to (PayPal.com) and set up an account it is easy and secure to pay and receive money through paypal. Please get back to me asap.

Antonio Lambert
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: Cup-A-Likes are nice too
AO Silver Member
 
CG Trading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,933
Images: 13

Member car:

Jag STR, V6 GTVs

Idea Take his money..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV 3.2 OWNER View Post
And so it continues.......heres the latest; this is the second email where he's suppoosedly away working on a boat this time he's a member of that well known navy: the 'united Kingdom naval mechanical dept.'




I really appreciate your response to my mail,i am satisfied with the price and would like to buy this Vehicle from you and i want you to withdraw the advert from the site. I'm using this opportunity also to inform you that i won't be able to come and inspect it or pay by cash because i am a member of the united Kingdom naval mechanical dept. and i am at work on sea at the moment PayPal is the only option open to me as i don't have online banking attached to my bank account. I would appreciate it if i could pay via PayPal. Meanwhile pick up will be organized by me after payment has been made. However if you don't have a PayPal account you can just log on to (PayPal.com) and set up an account it is easy and secure to pay and receive money through paypal. Please get back to me asap.

Antonio Lambert
..............get Paypal to verify that it's been paid by a Debit & not a Credit card, tell him you have to wait for a month before releasing the car, then see what happens?

I'd speak to Paypal first perhaps they could verify his account etc but it does sound like a scam, if bored play along, it's the only 'good' offer you've got at the moment....you never know people are strange.

It's a better option than the guy who wanted to swap a pair of 'top of the range' audio speakers, which apparently cost new 57,500 Euros, for my 45,000 De Tomaso Pantera...he is Austrian!?

Clive
CG Trading is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23

Member car:

3.2's

It,s a scam, had several emails offering to buy cars unseen via paypal, don,t know how it works but avoid.
Day and Whites is offline  
(Post Link) post #36 of 55 Old 11-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Either the paypal link in their email to you is fake and so you give away your password, or they pay, you think you have the money and then they complain to paypal and get the money back.

Or something else


Either way, its so obviously boll*cks I'm not going to touch it with a barge pole.
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: Cup-A-Likes are nice too
AO Silver Member
 
CG Trading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,933
Images: 13

Member car:

Jag STR, V6 GTVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV 3.2 OWNER View Post
Either the paypal link in their email to you is fake and so you give away your password, or they pay, you think you have the money and then they complain to paypal and get the money back.

Or something else


Either way, its so obviously boll*cks I'm not going to touch it with a barge pole.
NEVER enter Paypal via a link.

Clive
CG Trading is offline  
Status: Stewart GP pic. due to milowokie and Eau Rouge
AO Platinum Member
 
In_The_Pass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,393

Member car:

Toyota

'united Kingdom naval mechanical dept.'

That'll be the merchant navy.
In_The_Pass is offline  
Status: Il mio aliscafo è pieno di anguille
AO Member
 
tom0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 516
When I sold my Leon I had about 7 different emails, all from blokes who worked different jobs at sea who had their own 'movers from Italy' who were willing to do all the shipping, sign the reg docs etc without me needing to do anything Then a woman asked to buy it for her son after not even seeing the pictures.
tom0311 is offline  
(Post Link) post #40 of 55 Old 11-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

All these scam emails reminded me of this:

The Powerbook Prank: He wanted a Powerbook. We gave him a P-P-P-Powerbook!


one of the funniest things ive seen on the t'internet
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
(Post Link) post #41 of 55 Old 16-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Bump

Its still for sale, dealer appears to have been stringing me along.

I have never come across so many time wasters before when selling a car, both private and trade.
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Alfa_Holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 819
I hate some "dealers" I contacted a couple about buying my GT. They didn't even have the courtesy to get back to me!
Alfa_Holic is offline  
(Post Link) post #43 of 55 Old 16-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

This particular dealer offered me a price for my car and when i accepted then decided to stop returning phone calls, not respond to emails and on the odd ocxasion i did speak to him he said yes he was definately interested but couldnt speak because he was in a meeting/apologised because he was busy with clients.

Frankly, given his website and business i expected a bit better treatment. If he didnt want to buy my car anymore then he should of just said.
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: Still getting the roof down.[Too Long]
AO Silver Member
 
alfapash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,832
Keep the car, and sell it in a year or so. It's really not worth the aggravation, your blood presure must be off the scale. If you're now going to work on the train, use it for leisure, and Tunnel runs.
alfapash is offline  
(Post Link) post #45 of 55 Old 18-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Selling this car is proving to be quite stressful

Yesterday I got a call from a bloke on a withheld mobile number who sounded quite interested and said all the right things; he even seemed to know a bit about GTV's. I couldn't talk to him much at the time because I was at work so took his number and said I would phone him back. The number he gave me was a landline, 0121 birmingham area code number. Convenient I thought, I'm in Birmingham I'll give him a call.......

The number was discontinued and routed me through to a porn line

I definately wrote the number down correctly because I read it back to him twice to confirm it.

I've sold a few cars in my time; some have sold quickly, some have taken a while, one didn't sell at all; I have never ever had so many d*ckheads waste my time like I have when selling my GTV.

Maybe its a sign!!
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
dinomito
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV 3.2 OWNER View Post
Selling this car is proving to be quite stressful

Yesterday I got a call from a bloke on a withheld mobile number who sounded quite interested and said all the right things; he even seemed to know a bit about GTV's. I couldn't talk to him much at the time because I was at work so took his number and said I would phone him back. The number he gave me was a landline, 0121 birmingham area code number. Convenient I thought, I'm in Birmingham I'll give him a call.......

The number was discontinued and routed me through to a porn line

I definately wrote the number down correctly because I read it back to him twice to confirm it.

I've sold a few cars in my time; some have sold quickly, some have taken a while, one didn't sell at all; I have never ever had so many d*ckheads waste my time like I have when selling my GTV.

Maybe its a sign!!

It is, keep it
 
(Post Link) post #47 of 55 Old 29-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

Just shook hands on the sale of my car and the guys coming back to pick it up tomorrow

I'm in two minds: its a great sorted 3.2 gtv; on the other hand its 7 grands worth of car that is for the majority of the time not being used.

Plus, at 6ft 4 I'm slightly too tall.........


So as of tomorrow I will be officially carless for the first time since I was 18.


One thing that may have come to light when the guy was looking round it: he checked the oil level and it was only just on the minimum; it was serviced with valvoline oil at Autolusso in April; I doubt it would have consumed oil that quickly.
Would the fact the car was still cooling down from a run be the reason?
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: profesional ledgend
AO Silver Member
 
bradpit999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,043
Images: 42
Garage
well done....................... so whats replacing her then ???
bradpit999 is offline  
(Post Link) post #49 of 55 Old 29-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: annoyed at insurance quotes...
AO Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 164

Member car:

Gf's Golf R32

I dunno yet; I'm still getting my head around selling my GTV

I love the Alfa marque

On the other hand; I'll need a car that is inexpensive to run and insure and is pretty economical given that it will be used infrequently and for short trips.

This low oil thing is bothering me; I think I'll check it when its cold tomorrow and maybe give Ned a call.
GTV 3.2 OWNER is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
ThreePointTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 566
Images: 26

Member car:

GTV 3.2 V6

Sorry to hear you chose to sell such a great car - mine was serviced in May and the oil is still on the max mark, you should wait a few hours after a drive before measuring as it takes a while for oil to drain back to sump I believe

ThreePointTwo is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
classifieds , gtv , sale

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome