A few parts required! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-07-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
A few parts required!

I'm trying to solve my tick over problem on my 2.0 twin spark CF2 Spider '99 Plate Its an AR32301 Engine stamp. I'm nearly there now but would just like to try a few more things, but need a few parts so that I can rule them out.

So far I have cleaned throttle body and discovered a split O ring between throttle body and manifold, which is now replaced with a new one 12 from alfa dealers.
Replaced rubber induction hose with a new on from EB spares, and new air filter
New Lambda sensor
New Crank Sensor

But its still slightly uneven on tick over and hunts a little between (1100 and 800 revs)
No faults on ECU

I would now like to try a couple of more things before I settle for it as it is, but require a few parts to try.

So my question is, Has anyone got these parts (in working order) lying around? (in working order) or are breaking a spider (it should be a crime!) As dont want to outlay dealer prices I am just wanting to methodically rule things out.

Idle control valve (I think!) EPER No: 71736025
Idle actuator /ELECTRO-VALVE EPER No: 71713829
MAF EPER No: 46541253

If anyones got the (working) parts can they PM me or email me marktaylor109@btinternet.com with a a price for the parts delivered.

I really would appreciate it as I'm determined to find the cause of the uneven tickover!

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
call Autolusso, get a 2nd hand throttle body. cost me 35 posted. my idle is smooth now. i also changed the Mass Air Meter (MAF)
AO Gold Member
Have a half-day trip down to East Lancashire (Burnley area) and we can swap bits to test 'em, then just pay for what you need, if anything.....

Call me on 07976 384980 if I can help.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

parts , required