Six years is a very long time to leave any car standing idle in a garage. Whether it's a TS or a V6 you need to play safe and get it transported to a good Alfa specialist who can check it over and do the necessary before you can drive it. Better still, see if the specialist can come to your garage and work from there.
I would anticipate it would need the following:
1) New battery.
2) New tyres.
3) The timing belts/alternater belt and ancilliaries will need changing.
4) The technician should gently crank the engine and feed oil from the top (with the cam covers off) so that everything can get lubricated properly before the engine is started.
5) Brakes are likely to be seized so everything will need freeing off, cleaned and lubricated before you can drive. I'd imagine even in Spain all the discs etc will be seriously rusted and corroded due to any dampness in the winter months so they will probably all need replacing.
6) All the fluids will need changing, oil & filter, gearbox oil, brake fluid flush, steering reservoir drained and renewed, coolant flush and renewal etc, as all these fluids break down with time, regardless whether the car is used or not.
7) Full checkover inc. electrics etc.
I'm sure there's others to add to the list. You need to play safe whatever you do.
Hope you can get the Spider back on the road again.
Last edited by Spider95; 03-07-11 at 15:14.