It still beats me why some people are so up their own backside they think their Cup is a better or different car to a "standard" V6 GTV. It is exactly
the same car with some trim detail differences. It is not a different car, period.
Clive's "Cup a likes" are GTV's with the aero bodykit, which was available as a dealer/ self fit option. A technically correct description would be a GTV with aero body kit, but getting the word Cup in the description is clever marketing. Certainly hooks lots of people on here
I've seen several of Clive's GTV's and the GTV with aero body kit and white leather is a stunning car. The black interior trims, white leather and red paint are an eye catching combo and it looks more "speical" than the cloth/ part leather seats in the Cup.
All that makes the Cup a Cup for the purists out there is:
1) the body kit (still readily available second hand, with new replica bumpers/ splitters from a nice man in Tamworth)
2) a black ashtray lid (full ashtray assembly £33 +VAT new)
3) black surrounds on the speedo/ rev counter with a silvery trim (available new I believe)
4) some cloth on the lesser stuffed seat. Find a nice upholsterer...
5) a plaque, easily found on internet. Simply engrave with a number not listed at the front of the Cups thread and not many people will be any the wiser...
6) paint colour on the rims. Visit Lepsons in Kent for a perfect match.
7) Er... have I missed out anything?
As for Gold Cup, it is a stand out car, I think it will find a new home at or close to the asking price. If I had the space, the money, and wasn't busy trying to talk myself out of a 1972 Giulia Coupe then I'd be tempted myself...
N.B. what's the source for the claim of the 155 cars being built being linked to the 155 BTCC winning car? I do not recall this being in any of Alfa's press literature of the time, and was also pretty sure the build was to be 150, but was upped to 155 as their was a little more demand. After all why would you turn away a perfectly good sale when all you need is a bit more cloth for seats...