Drivers window (spider) noisey - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 20-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

2001 2.0 ts

Drivers window (spider) noisey

I was driving north from London last weekend and picked my younger sister up from York on the way and as I was Knackered let her drive from their to the family ranch in Saltburn....

Now apart form regretting my tiredness and generosity almost immediatley, I noticed that the pasenger side window was far quieter than the drivers side. I have since tried to work out if there is a difference in the seals, whihch there doesnt seem to be, or if the passenger side window is slightly higher when fully closed.

I've concluded that it might be a combination of both scenarios but also the Drivers side does not auto drop like the passenger side does when opened.

Does anyone have a similar experience and suitable remedy? I might take it to Gonnela Bros. and ask them so I'll report back what they suggest...
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
I wouldn't think the auto drop was only fitted to the passenger side, it's more likely that the drivers side isn't working. The drivers side will always get more use, so the motor will have had more wear and tear. Maybe it needs some attention.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

drivers , noisey , spider , window