Had to say goodbye to my baby today :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Sussex
Cry Like A Baby Had to say goodbye to my baby today :(

I bought Gemma a couple of months ago, and I can happily say I've moved on. That V6, that sound, the look, the styling, the fun! All this time I've felt a little like I've been cheating on Fiona, who sat in the garage not moving since Gemma arrived.

I found Fiona four years ago in Leamington Spa, and brought her all the way down to East Sussex. She was my first car, and she'd done 43000 miles. Now on 78000, she's been my pride and joy, and I've had some seriously good times driving her.

Sadly, today I had to let her go. I cleaned her from head to toe inside and out, took all my things and brought them inside... I then drove her 20 yards up the road to my next-door-neighbour's but one, who's bought her from me!

I don't know what to think. She's gone to a good home, but I'm going to see her everyday, reminded of the four great years we spent together. Don't get me wrong, everytime I get inside Gemma and turn the key, I'm reminded of how much I've moved up in the world, but I still get that pang in my heart, everytime I look at her, that Fiona isn't mine anymore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fiona.jpg (68.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Fiona2.jpg (65.6 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
I do like Fords for their reliability but they never combine power & style in one, At least she's gone to a good home instead of the scrappage scheme that took the lives of many decent cars

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

baby , goodbye , today