Electric hood problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Electric hood problem

It seems that my hood has started playing up again. I'm getting a flashing light on the centre console, and nothing on the button. If I use the Left manual button behind the drivers seat to release the rear window, the centre console button will then start working the hood sequence.

Just wondering if anybody's encountered this problem before? If so where do I start to look first.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Peterborough, Cambs
Hi Mark

Can't help I'm afraid but our is on the blink too now
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

156 jtd, GT jtd

Welcome to the hood problems club!

Ours packed up 2 years ago in Italy, 400EUR for a new motor plus fitting.
Soounds like your problem may be micro switch related as you rear window won't unclick. Search for clues on here for that one. I could be wrong. If its the motor, you tend to get the window up, then it stops as the motor won't kick the plastic hood cover open. The good news is yours works after you "manually" order the window open with the emergency buttons, meaning the motor is ok. I just spent hours removing and opening the motor, rotating the large cog so that the unmashed teeth were being used, and refitting it. Make sure you set the arms of the mechanism to ten past seven for closed and ten to five for open! I didn't and had to do it all again!
OK, not exactly the same problem you have, but one to watch when the motor starts sticking or crunching.

Have a good search on here for your error.

Hood ECU anyone?
AO Member
County: Kent
Mine packed up the other week and i got the standard 10 flashes on the red led by the hood up/down button in the consul, I managed to use the two buttons behind the drivers seat to release the hood and one i had pushed it back and had a look i noticed that a cable had come off the left had hood cover latch so it was not locking down, i had to undo the latch and lift it away to allow me to poke the cable back up through and re-attach it then re-fit it and the hood was back in full operation, so if when the hood is up and latched in place have a look at the plastic hood cover to make sure that is is locked down on both sides if not you may have the same problem.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 06-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
Thanks for the replys, when I have watched the hood sequence it seems to be when the back window section is being fastened down it's lifting the cover section up and possibly off the microswitches on the latches. Nit sure how to adjust though ????

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

electric , hood , problem