GTV Owner Looking at 3.0 Spider purchase ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
GTV Owner Looking at 3.0 Spider purchase !

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this excellent forum,so an intro is in order !

I am the proud owner of a 1999 Phase 2 GTV,Alfa Red with 11.5k on the clock.It was my company car at my last firm and when I left I couldn't bare being parted from it.I now comute to London rather than driving every day,so the GTV is a pampered pet.

The GTV replaced a '96 Fiat coupe,and together they have converted me to Italian cars - I can't ever see myself buying anything else.

I am in the process of taking the plunge on a 3.0 Lt Spider,and have been scouring the E&M,Autotrader etc for one,pre new grill type,and preferably Alfa red ( Anyone got one for sale please e-mail me

Can I have some honest thoughts on living with a V6 Spider from the owners out there ? Usual pros/cons etc of living with one please !

Thanks very much - I look forward to your replies and will post a pic of the Spider when I get it.

Kind Regards,

Kevin (Alfa-Tyr)

Last edited by Alfa-Tyr; 29-08-04 at 17:15. Reason: poor spelling !
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

98 GTV 3.0 V6

Re: GTV Owner Looking at 3.0 Spider purchase !

You'll appreciate the gorgeous V6 roar but I believe that the Spider can be a bit wobbly round the corners. Match that with the increase in power and it may be too much.
Re: GTV Owner Looking at 3.0 Spider purchase !

Cheers for that !

I love my GTV to bits,and to be honest a 3.0 GTV isn't off the radar ither !

The fact that my GTV became a weekend car and my lad growing up so quickly means we have "Boys Days" at the weekend,just the two of us off to car shows/air shows etc.So I can justify the 2 seater !

The first Alfa I drove was a 99 Zoe Yellow Spider 2.0 TS as the dealer didn't have GTV demo car at the time.

I'm looking at a 3.0 Spider this afternoon - I'll let you know how I get on.

Kind Regards,

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , owner , purchase , spider