Horn problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: East Sussex

Member car:

2.0 P2 GTV Lusso

Horn problem

Bit of a strange problem this...

My GTV likes to play it's own horn. It happens immediately after I've used it and seems to be worse when I go over bumps. It doesn't always do it and it usually has it's fun on and off for a few minutes, which can be a bit embarrassing. Sometimes beeping th ehorn again fixes it and sometimes it makes it worse.

It's always done this since I had the car, but it seems to be getting worse. This morning I went over a big bump and the horn stuck on completly and I hadn't even used it!

Seems like it might be time to fix it.

Anyone know the problem (and the fix)?

I am guessing that it needs new switches fitting - any ideas where I can get one and how to get to it without setting off the airbag or anything else daft?

Or is likely to be a relay or ECU problem or something best left to somebody that knowswhat they are doing?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

GTV twinspark

Might be the relay (I3 20A) but more likely to be the plates in the steering wheel, there are 2 metal plates held apart by springs and when the two connect it grounds the coil on the relay which gives you the horn.....

If you take the cowls off behind the wheel the wire from the relay is blue-white and in the top right hand connector on the stalk unit.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

horn , problem