getting behind the door and elec. window - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GTV V6

getting behind the door and elec. window

Hi guys

Since I bought my GTV the passenger window (LHD so the right window) has not worked, it worked "on occasion" but because of this one never opened the window out of fear that it wouldn't close again.

A year ago I had a break in (all they nicked was the stereo head unit, you could tell they couldn't figure out how to open the boot) and on the insurance companys behalf it was taken to a carglass workshop. It was the passenger side window they broke.

They called me up and said that the power window motor on that side was completly fried and said it was causing them a bit of pain to replace the window. they were nice fellas and bought me a new one (350quid I think it cost) from italy and sent the bill to the insurance company claiming it broke during the break in.

After a couple of weeks when the parts had arrived they called me with a bit of a problem, the new motor was installed but wasn't working, it worked when fed 12v straight from a battery but not when the buttons are pushed which bring me to the conclusion anyway that the problem is faulty wiring somewhere. When using the button you hear a click but no window moving, fuses seem fine.

So what I am wondering is how to take the door side off and whether tracking the wiring from battery - button - window is going to be difficult? was thinking of getting a volt meter to test different parts to see where the problem is. Anyone sitting on a wiring diagram?

I'd also appreciate information on how to adjust the window since I'm pretty sure they didn't di that and just fixed it in place.

Thanks a bunch

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
try this link also read my post, window with pic. if you need anything pm me as im currently taking a door apart

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

door , elec , window