Aircon bypass - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Aircon bypass

Hi to all.
Wonder if anyone has anymore info in regards to the belt required after the removal of the aircon system from my 2ltr twin spark.
I have removed everything aircon except the compressor.
Would anyone know what DAYCO belt equivalent i would need to compensate for the lack of compressor i also believe i have to remove a pulley also.
Before anyone asks i have removed the aircon in my opinion they are more trouble than they are worth so its coming out one way or the other ????
Many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Can't help you with the part number but you will find this has devalued your car in the long run. Working aircon is very desirable even in the U.K. easily worth 500 on a used car. Whats wrong with yours might be worth 49 at kwik fit??
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

GTV 2.0

I didn't think I'd ever need aircon when I had my last car, just wind down the windows! ... but I do in the GTV, must be the leather seats!
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
Easy question to answer. Phase 1 GTV/Spiders were available with ( Lusso ) and without aircon. If removing the compressor, just get the phase 1 non-aircon belt. Alfa part number 60617858. You'll also need to remove the additional idler pulley off the front of the engine or the non-aircon belt won't fit.

Dayco equivalent p/n is probably 7PK1083 but you'll want to check that.
Thanks pkr that's exactly what I'm after.I will get that ordered today as for devaluing the car ? . I can take on board that a car can lose money by not having aircon but my Alfa cost me 500 I have since spent 500 on new leather interior 400 on brakes 400 getting wheels refurbed so already on o loser if I was to sell but I think I will hold onto it for some time so I will have had my monies worth of enjoyment out of her.I must admit I was looking at the j10 on eBay and altho it has a turbo and body kit it looks no where as clean and sorted as mine engine bay etc. Thanks all.
Thanks pkr collected the belt yesterday and got stuck in this morning. The belt fitted a treat and I got to remove that pesky air con compressor and mounting bracket that just for everyone's info the pair weight in at a tad under eleven kilo after putting them both on the scales at work. I was going to bin them but my work mates think I should auction them off ?
So thanks once again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

aircon , bypass