One washer jet no worky - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
One washer jet no worky

Hi all

I have put the eBay wipers, with the jets built into the blades and they have worked a treat. However recently the passenger side jet has stopped working. I recently got a new windscreen fitted and the chap took the wipers off, could he have dislodged anything underneath? Any ideas before I start dismantling?

Many thanks
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

P2 GTV 3.0

Probably a pipe pulled off or a union split under the black plastic panel below the windscreen. If so, water will be spraying out under there whenever you use them so you will see it dripping onto the ground. The panel is just held on with about four screws and some push fittings. Pull it off and have a look. If you have changed to the flat blades, I did that and thought the pipes were long enough but eventually one pulled off - on the wiper arm so clearly visible - so I fitted the extra hoses that had come with the blades.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
I use small cable ties on the pipe unions.. rather like jubilee clips.. one of my pipes kept coming off for some reason..
Thanks chaps will check that out, at the moment I cannot see any water pouring out from a disconnected tube, will have to take it apart me thinks
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 3.0 24V

Out of intrest how much did the new screen cost ?
AO Member
County: Kent
I just got a new screen for my Spider and exactly the same thing happened the hose for the passenger side had come off. My screen cost me 70.00 as excess through my insurance company.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

jet , washer , worky