As promised, just letting you know the car is now up and running again having had two recon heads fitted by Ned and his wizards at Autolusso
. I can heartily recommend them, not cheap (but not overpriced either, just the nature of the beast) but great service, plenty of communication but no unnecessary fuss and no b******s, which is always welcome. Also found out that when the clutch was done last November the previous owner had a GTA flywheel fitted, which is a bonus.
Obviously not had much time in the car yet but the 40 mile drive home last night was a lot less sedate than the last time I drove it (advice from Ned was to 'drive it like you just stole it' when asked if I needed to be gentle
First impressions are fantastic, goes like a 'stabbed rat' when provoked and burbles along happily when you're just in traffic/feeling lazy. Considering the car is completely standard (I tend to try and buy cars which are as original as possible) the noise is lovely, I could be tempted by an unsilenced back box at some point, though. Having come from an old Mk1 MX-5 the ride and space compare quite favourably
I have to admit to having a couple of peeks out of the living room window after I got home! Just got to start on the list of little fixes now, I'm fairly competent at DIY mechanics, my old man was a trader in his day and encouraged me to do my own when I was younger, I can do most things up to moderately difficult, anyone got any tips on the following:
1) Window adjustment, both sides, is this difficult?
2) Dents and dings, anyone now a good dent man around my neck of the woods?
3) Wipers are a bit odd on intermittent, searched and see that some fix themselves, is the re-solder job a big deal or would it be easier to get another motor off a breaker?
4) Bonnet badge, new one came with the car, it has two pins and a bit of sticky foam, is this enough or should I get some evo stik?
5) Still trying to find a decent seating position (I'm 6ft and the car has a sunroof) and am tempted by the spacer mod, easy or a bit involved?
Driving up to Birmingham tomorrow, looking forward to it very much! Thanks all for support and sympathy, wassers, we're both happy now, huh?
@Buellboy, I'm in South Ealing, not far from the station, you?