Who's crashed their Cup!? - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Durham
Originally Posted by CG Trading View Post
Because on New Years Eve some nice person scratched every panel whilst parked outside 'Bluematt's' house.

Matt contacted me shortly after the incident to discuss possible scenarios with the insurance but opted to have them write it off without him retaining the car & as I knew a bit about the car & how superficial the 'damage' was I bought it through the trade only salvage auction(which I'd joined years ago but never used)-paid too much as well but hey it's a well known good example. I even drove it back from Southampton as mechanically etc it was untouched. Matt has given me all the history, spare keys etc.

They Cat C'd it to help prevent cloning/ringing not because of the severity of the damage.

It's now had a full repaint & obviously passed the VIC check, in fact the V5 turned up today-thanks Matt.

So you see you shouldn't necessarily be put off by Cat C, or D, vehicles, people can do more damage sometimes reversing into their garage!

Now some people will try & say that it's not worth as much but why? It really only needed a repaint & most red GTV's do.

Having seen this car last week whilst collecting some rims from Clive, I can say in all honesty it looks the dogs ********. Very nice paint job, would put many a brand new factory fresh car to shame.

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

crashed , cup