scratched up window! :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 21-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

scratched up window! :(

I gave a work friend a lift home the other morning, we left at 6am.. the windows were all icy, I cleaned the front, got in and waited for them, they arrived, and before i could stop her, she used a plastic pill packet she randomly had in her hand to scrape the ice off the back window of my spider!!!
Neadless to say it is now all scratched up. I'm am totally gutted as only a month before I had forked out 300 for a new roof and window. I have bought renovo polish but this doesn't seem to of done anything, maybe made it a bit hazy if anything.
Does anyone know of any other product out there that should be able to get rid of the scratches!!?? Please help.. I need cheering up! I hear Meguiars PlastRX maybe good?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

gtv ts

Going back a few years a buddy of mine used brasso on his xr3i cab,after an hour of rubbing and sweating it didn't look half bad,as for the lady in question might i suggest putting a few drops of iodine in her foundation and tell her to leave the pills at home cos they ain't workin.
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

'98 Spider

I used greygate plastic polish on my old tf and that worked a treat. Keep on promising myself some for the spider but (touch wood), don't need it at the mo
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire

Member car:

Spider 916

Originally Posted by johnnyboy71 View Post
I used greygate plastic polish on my old tf and that worked a treat. Keep on promising myself some for the spider but (touch wood), don't need it at the mo
Gets my vote too- used it recently and it removed some "haze" really well. I don't think it is very abrasive so well worth trying because it wouldn't make the scratches worse. However, it would remove the "patina of newness" on the rest of the material. Similarly I have used Meguiahs on "Perspex" windows to good effect. It was formulated specially for "Plexiglas" being an American product.

If the rest of the surface is still pristine, I'd be tempted to leave the scratches alone until the whole window has weathered a bit.
AO Member
County: Derbyshire
Renovo make a plastic screen polish, I tried some on mine recently and the results were quite good, better than the Meguirs I had tried before that.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

scratched , window