What Alarm should I fit to my 02 Spider Lusso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 13-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Ceredigion
What Alarm should I fit to my 02 Spider Lusso

My 02 Spider Lusso does not have an alarm. I have checked under the small panel above the O/S Front wheel arch under the bonnet. There is no siren or obvious control box. No fobs came with the car so I am assuming it did not come as standard. I have the central locking but with a key and the boot releases either with the key or the button in the Glove box.

I am looking for a professionally fitted Cat 1 alarm that will operate the door locks and boot. Motion sensors would be a benefit and I would do without the immobiliser as the factory fitted one would suffice. There is a genuine GTV and Spider Alarm for sale here:

but I don't know if it is a plug in system to the existing harness and if the facilities I want are provided. I know an Alternator from an Angle Grinder and I am OK on electrics but want a working system. Has anyone any experience of this issue? Do you recognise the Alarm on e-bay and can you advise me if it will fit my harness without modification?

If not, have you had a similar system fitted recently and what was it?

02 916 Spider Lusso
West Wales

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alarm , fit , lusso , spider