Should i break my car?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 08-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2001 GTV 3.0i V6

Cry Like A Baby Should i break my car??

Hi guys. I have regretfully written off my 51 plate Alfa GTV6 that i have shed some tears over and now come to my senses that i need to sort it out. It has 60k on the clock with FSH. It is the CF3 engined model and it is in Vela Blue with an unmarked Momo tan leather interior.

It was a front end smash. Initial inspection of mine is that it needs new front bumper, new OSF wing trim (the part that houses the OSF side indicator), new bonnet (it came off and ended up shredded). There is other damage too though these would seem to be the major problems.

Mechanically i can say the OSF suspension arms and joints are no use though i havent had the opportunity to look at it further. There may well be other under car damage. I havent tried to turn the engine on though i cant see any reason why wouldnt but maybe the fuel cut off triggers something that stops it anyway. The engine itself had a cambelt 1 yr/10k miles ago and i believe is perfectly healthy.

Car has a few tweaks too. Bilstein/Eibach combo and full rear powerflex done all round 25k miles ago, full CDA intake and also a ragazzon twin 70mm straight through rear pipe. Also has a Q2 diff and a GTA clutch/flywheel. As you can now tell i have written off a well sorted example of this car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

break , car