Should i break my car?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2001 GTV 3.0i V6

Should i break my car??

Hi guys.

I regret to inform you i have sadly written off my GTV v6 this morning and having shed a few tears and come to my senses i am now not sure what to do with her. It is a 51 plate CF3 V6 model in Vela Blue. It has 60k miles on it and until the crash was in fine working order.

The crash itself has seen major front end damage and in my head it is a write off due to the low values of these cars....

Exterior/Body = light units smashed, front bumper cracked/bent, bonnet came off and has cracked/shredded. The OS front trim piece that houses the side indicator light unit is useless. Also the windscreen seal on the OS has come away. Lastly is that the roof has two dents on it where a piece of tree fell onto it!

Mechincal = mostly seems to be just damage to the OS front suspension where it clobbered the kerb and this has certainly bent the steering arm/wishbone and the joints there. I cannot see any other mechanical damage but it could be that it extends to the steering and maybe shocks. I didnt try to start the engine though i would be surprised if it didnt start. Cambelt and ancillaries were done less than 1yr/10k miles ago.

Of course there will be other damage that i havent had the time nor the expertise to investigate further but there is alot of good left in this car.....

From the front wings back there is minimal damage. It has a few tweaks to it as well including a full CDA, a recent ragazzon straight through pipe at the rear, bilstein dampers and eibach springs with about 25k miles on them.

I also have fully boxed and brand spanking new, a set of alfaholics front pipes and decat section and also a mini centre section ragazzon silencer so i am at lease going to sell these seperately as they are perfect.

So i am open to offers or even just advice and suggestions on what i should do!

Thanks for youre time.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Are you going to claim on the insurance? Some insurance companies will allow you to buy the car back pretty cheaply so you get the money for the car - it's buy back value + any parts you can sell.
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

PM'd you Tom
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Sad news......PM sent regarding wheels......sorry for being a vulture......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

break , car