I've done mine but i need the ruddy set screws for the gearknob... halfords nr me dont have them, and they weren't in the pack! Has anyone got any spare ones, or know where I can buy from?
ps. here's a quick overview of how I fitted mine to ph2, Spider Lusso.
1. sliced with a stanley knife up the back of the leather gear knob, and pulled knob off
2. the top of existing gear stick has an industrial plastic(?) block, which is why sooo difficult to pull knob off. I hacksawed this off... but left all of the gear stick.
3. the gear stick has a small "fin" / metal piece which you will need to hacksaw off (it's about 3mm in width, and 9mm long -- the "fin", not the knob!
4. you can now affix the knob as per instructions on momo pack...(spring/sleeve on, knob over the top, screw in place)
---however--- if you want to change the gaitor too, then I did the following...
5. remove gear stick surround from facia/fitting (be careful not to crack it!) [this can actually be done as early as you wish..i.e before knob change]
6. use a small flat head screw driver to loosen clips on gaitor around base of plastic surround.
7. now use screwdriver again to loosen the metal flaps holding the bottom of the existing gaitor in place.
8. if using the momo gaitor (or indeed, any elasticated one), remove the stitching from the bottom of the gaitor, and take out the elastic.
9. fit un-elasticated gaitor back into plastic surround and clip in using the metal band with the fold-over flaps that you took out in stage 7. (Here, you may wish to cut some length off the new gaitor, depending how much you want around your gear stick/knob.
10. fit all back into place, clean the car, and polish your new knob !
hope this helps.. I'll try and get some pics, but would really appreciate if someone could tell me where to get the set screws so I can fit mine properly!!