a couple of other problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan

Member car:

a couple of other problems

Hi all. As some of you may of spotted, i'm a new spider owner, and starting to sort out the little problems it has. Two more which Im unsure on are:
the temp gauge only reads just above 50, and this is when sat in traffic, and i asume getting hot. Most of the time, and for a long time say untill it has warmed up it doesnt even register on the gauge at all. Is this a guage fault or thermostat? My 156 I had a few years ago rested at 90 at normal temp. If it is thermostat is this detrimental to the running of the car? should i change it? is a new one expensive?
also the wipers when off return to normal possition but when going, they rest very high up, on the wait before they move again. Also some times whilst going they pause half way up for a while then carry on. Is this a wiper relay fault do you think?

oh another thing is that the steering rack lock doesnt fully lock off the in out adjustment, i pulled myself forward a bit to check the left traffic the other day and the wheel came forward, I didnt know it could do this.. and needless to say, almost **** my pants.. thought the wheel was going to come off in my hands. It does lock it to some extent, as with lock off it moves a lot easier, but doesnt grip it fully. Is this curable!?
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 479
County: Norfolk
Sounds to me like a failed thermostat, easy to change on a V6, not sure about a twinnie. This will cause your car to use more fuel, car running rich. The wiper are normal. They park lower down the screen for a more clean line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

couple , problems