Finally got one!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Finally got one!!

Hi all, finally got her! Vela blue, 64k on clock, fsh, gta cup alloys, vendor kit. phase 2 99 lusso.

Few minor snags, electric aerial, thermostat, those should be straight forward.

Boot gas struts, any idea on cost? Is it simply unbolting the old and putting in new?

Fuel flap, button unlocks it, but it doesn't ping open, not even with emergency release.

These windows!!! Doing my head in!!! If they get adjusted, do they sit well under the seals? In my mind without the window dropping automatically they will never sit right! I have to give them a little push when I close the door to get them to sit right, ok for the passenger side, no good for mine when I am inside it! (unless I ask a passer by..!!)

Also keys...I have 2 working keys, Neither are original. If the battery dies, am I up the creek, will I need codes etc?

Thanks for your help, look forward to seeing you on the roads!

Last edited by Uav689; 27-01-11 at 07:47.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Carmarthenshire

Member car:

Hi welcome and congrats on your purchase and welcome to many of the many issues that everyone enounters in daily GTV life.
Posts aplenty on all of the above and more. Spend some time and read through the old posts and all will be revealed.

Thermostat, no probs easy DIY,

Aerial, any electric aerial will do from maplin, ebay etc, there are chrome and black ones available, and are easily accessed by the boot liner, 20mins tops.

Boot struts, could try alternative autos, dealer or autolusso, but if your like most people you wont use the boot much.

Not sure on the fuel flap, search the forum, can only be a spring and oil thing I guess.

Plenty of how too on the windows use the search tool on the right hand task bar of the web site. You may be doing this every few years. it isnt hard to do.

Dont worry about the keys, you dont need a master key anymore as keys can be copied of any key now even in shoebars. Plenty of posts on keys here too. Dont think anyone has enountered ecu memory loss after a dead battery. I dont have a master key and it doesnt bother me. People seem to make a fuss over it in their sales ads though.
AO Member
County: Essex
Good choice,

i've changed the thermostat and electric aeriel on mine already. Not too difficult to do. I had my red key copied at Timpsons for 25. It's not remote but unlocks the doors and starts the car fine. I disconnected the battery to fit a shortCtek lead so i could leave it to trickle charge and the car re-started no problem

Enjoy the car
AO Member
County: Shropshire
Welcome on board , post some pics , sounds a nice looking car .

My window just decided to stop working so can relate to that , i have one of those phone holder thingies that has a suction cup on the end and have started using this to pull the window in to help stop the noise.
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

Z4 3.0si

Open the drivers door then shut the passenger door
Here is picture of her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa.jpg (73.4 KB, 23 views)
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Originally Posted by Uav689 View Post
Here is picture of her
Beautiful! Now you can update your Member car statement from GTV Wannabe to, fully fledged GTV Owner
Thank you wizard, I love her!
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Welcome, very nice looking car. Vella blue is a fav of mine
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Beautiful looking GTV.....hope it runs as well as it looks.......

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider