Back Firing? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Back Firing?

Strange goings on with my Alfa on the weekend. I turned the key to start the engine on Sun, heard a loud bang and a smell of burning plastic. Turned off the engine straight away, checked under the bonnet - nothing wrong. Started the car again and it wasn't sounding too healthy, not firing on all cylinders. Called the AA out, but by then the car was working fine - looked like a right muppet! It's been fine ever since and I've driven a few hundred miles now.
Anyone had any experience of this - just a bit of back firing - I've got an Alfa performance exhaust, but that's the only mod?
Sponsored Links
Re: Back Firing?

This happened again, it's definitely not from the exhaust, could it be happening from the Air-Con? It seems to be after I've driven the car with the air-con on then park up and go back to the car after about an hour, start the engine - bang!
Any ideas anyone - I will take it to the garage, but don't know really what to say is wrong. The car drives fine, but I need to get it sorted before the warrant runs out in a months time?
AO Member
County: Bristol
Re: Back Firing?

Don't know. Best thing to do is take it to those UN-helpful guys at Simonstone to get it sorted.

Give them a ring...they'll tell you they can't even look at it for a week and they don't have any courtesy cars available.

Or try Fish Brothers in Swindon, never used them, but just may consider driving all that way when mine is due for it's next service or warranty work!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

back , firing