Mintex pads I have just fitted from MTEC had no leading shamfer. I have altered mine as this can be a big contributor to brake squeal. For example on some Ferrari's you have to take nearly a third of the pad away to stop squeal! Bit rough considering they are £300 a set!
Yep that is a good idea if cleaning the slide pins doesn't get rid of the squeel. I might try this actually...
But getting back to the drilled/groved things, I would like to kind of give a general list of pro's and con's of drilled, in order of importance but only in my opinion:
- Removal of gas build up between pad and disk
- Less unprung mass
- Higher peak temperature => faster energy dissipation
- Improved feel / bite
- Perhaps better cooling when combined with vanes
- Higher peak temperature => higher fluid temperature (need to buy posh fluid)
- Small risk of disk cracking
So to answer the OP, yes Leo I think you should get some posh disks, and I think they will look good too, as a nice side effect
But get some good DOT 4 like AP racing fluid while you are at it.