Electrical problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Falkirk

Member car:

2.0 TS GTV

Electrical problem

Hi all,

Hope someone can shed some light (pun intended...read on!) on my electrical problems (P1 1997 GTV TS).

The background, the other day I was driving into town with the radio on and noticed that my aerial was not extended so I did the trick (read about on here) of putting my finger into the tape deck and nudging the whole thing gently to the left (this normally works a treat) however, what I got was no aerial, but the boot open warning light and the interior lights going on and the odometer resets every time you restart the car.

Got home and checked the fuse box to find a 7.5v fuse needing replaced, so did that and hay ho the boot warning light has now gone out but the odometer still resets and the interior lights stay on all the time with the key removed and whilst driving, I can switch the courtesy light off manually but not the under-dash etc. (Also can't seem to get the fuse box back to its original position to enable me to put the trim back on and take it to an auto-electrician)

Any ideas much appreciated even if it's a bodge just to let me drive it without disconnecting the battery.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

electrical , problem