hids - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

I've got the hids4u kit on my gtv and the light does'nt look any brighter than the originals. I have only started to use the gtv a lot lately due to my daily commuter car which was crashed last week in the snow and havin driven te gtv in the dark can't believe how bad the lights are. When i turn on the lights the lights go very bright very quickly and then settle down to what i would say normal bad gtv lights. The lenses are clean and dry. Is there something wrong with this kit? Are the ballasts knackered? The kit is about 4 years old.
Any help would be appreicated.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Vale of Glamorgan
I had my HID's fitted about seven or eight years ago and frankly they are still so much better than any normal bulbs. Mine do brighten blue when first switched on, then settle down to a nice bright white with purple extremities.

There must be a problem if you perceive there is no real imporvement.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
Sounds like knackered bulbs, the ballasts are bullet proof but the bulbs can fail rapidly if there's a fault, contact the manufacturer if it's still in warranty
AO Member
County: Shropshire
Stick the old bulbs if in doubt to see how bad the Halogen are , what i have read is that they should be good for 5 years of use (2500 hours ) and will start to change clour as they get older so may be time for new bulbs , as Davemackenzie says the Ballasts are bullet proof if there was a problem with these the bulbs would'nt fire up at all .
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the replys. I have emailed hids4u and just waiting to hear back from them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider