It's a fiddle but if you take your time it all comes good.
Ok tools you'll need.
Posi screw driver medium size
Flat head screwdriver smaller is better
Allen keys, now its better to have the type that fit into a socket set as the bolts can be quite tight.
cup o tea ( very important this one)
1. With small flat screw driver lever out the window switchs. They come out as 1 with the little square ish panel around them. Careful you don't damage the soft plastic on the door. Pull clear and disconnect both switch plugs. ( they just pull off) * remember which way round they are*
2. In that hole you will see a 5mm allen bolt. Take it out. Next pull the wing mirror triangle plastc off. Just pops off.
3. Next undo the 2 3mm allen bolts that are in the side of the door card closest to the front of the car. ( I have included a pick to show where they all are)
4. using screw driver pop big speaker cover off.
5.Undo 4 posi screws and take out speaker+ unplug
6. Undo 2 allen bolts that were behind the speaker at the bottom of the hole.
7. lever out the plastic (yours may be missing) cover over the 4mm allen bolt by the door handle.
8. Undo bolt.
9. Pop out 2 round covers(yours may be missing) on the door pocket side.
10. Undo these 2 bolts. Door pocket side shoudl un clip.
11. Now you have access to the last 2 4mm allen bolts right at the bottom of the doorcard. Undo
12. carfully lift door card up ( it hooks over at the top so you need to go up)
13. Now give the door a bit of room. You need to unplug the tweeter speaker at the top and the door courtesy light at the bottom.
14.Now tilt the door over and unplug the door open cable from the back of the lever. Door car should be free.
15. plug window switch back in. lower the window. a bit.
16. Now at either end of the bottom of the window is a 10mm (could be bigger 13mm but can't remember off hand) nut which holds the brackets that stop the glass going up too far.
17. you'll notice the bracket may be twisted and have moved a bit. undo and re allign. This is trial and error so allign it. put the window up and close the door to check it misses the hood but comes up far enough to touch the seal so you don't get wet when it rains. Once this is done. you are laughing. reverse process to fit the doorcard.
18. enjoy cup of tea made my the other half and celebrate a job well done
I have included two pics as a guide and a link to alfaworkshop which also explains but in less detail and with some pics too.
How To... Fix Wind Noise Issues on GTV/Spiders
If the worst comes to the worst and because I'm such a nice person. If you get really stuck PM me and bring it over and I will sort it for you one weekend. (I notice you live in dorset so can't be too far from me in bournemouth)
BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
Alfa Mito QV , BMC filter.
but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker!
You have been warned