Simple maintenance questions...?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Hmmm Simple maintenance questions...??

Hi all,

sorry for this pretty basic couple of questions - but i've just had a quick look at my oil and coolant levels and have a few questions i'm hoping someone can help out with.. (my car is a 2l GTV by the way.)

1) Oil level - mine was down near the min mark - I've got a 2.5l tin of that Selena oil - but how much do i need to put in to go from just above the min to max mark?? i don't really want to overfill it - but just wondered if anyone knew how much this roughly should be??

2) My coolant (beige coloured plastic tank on the right) is just below the min mark. can anyone tell me what needs to go in here?? - is standard water ok? or is it some special coolant stuff?? (looks just like water)

sorry for these basic questions, but my car maintenance knowledge isn't the best.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 1.8 TS

Re: Simple maintenance questions...??

Put in about a pint or so... It takes about a liter to move it from min to max, but a pint will be safe. Let it settle for a while to drain down and check again.
As for the coolant, you can get a 1l top up bottle that is pre-mixed with de-ionised water. Never use tap water in a hard area ('ard mate).
Re: Simple maintenance questions...??

Great - cheers for the quick response on those.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

maintenance , questions , simple