GTV Headunit - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 23-11-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GTV

GTV Headunit

Iv got what i believe to be a standard clarion head unit (not sure though because its not silver like the rest of the dash) what i would like to know is, did the GTV come with a CD player that was silver? If not, will a 156 (or other models) fit?

I ideally want a head unit to be in silver to match the dash and have green leds to match all other interior lighting

+ tell me what you got/want
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

well, mine is a phase 2 1999, and that had the tape deck in silver, with a cd changer in the boot. i THINK the phase 3's came with a cd head unit, but it would have been silver. could it be a 147 or 156 unit? finding silver head units with green illumination that don't cost the earth is fun, if you are a sadist

good luck though
AO Silver Member
County: Shropshire

Member car:

The 'standard' unit you have is about as good as it got I'm afraid. There was an option of a CD changer unit for the boot from clarion, pretty sure you'd find one somewhere that is suitable online.

The later units with a front load cd player are a different shape so won't fit (pretty sure they were all blaupunkt units)

I tracked down an original unit for mine, my daughter asked what the square slot was for

I told her it was for a tape ... queue very confused and puzzled look
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset
Originally Posted by zulu View Post
The later units with a front load cd player are a different shape so won't fit (pretty sure they were all blaupunkt units)
They will fit....My 2001 & 2002 Ph2 Spiders came with a black, front loading CD, standard 1 din, unit that had a special trim piece to fit the hole... These are available on eBay for less than a tenner, so you can fit any head unit.

Here's the cheapest @ 4.49 + 1.95 P&P ....

AO Member
County: Essex
Anybody got a Silver CLarion head unit for sale?
The LCD display is faulty on mine.......or if anybody could advise on putting the code in blind?
I bought the car a couple of weeks ago, engine in bits, passed the MOT today, good times
AO Silver Member
County: Johannesburg
Yes some GTV's and Spider came with a Clarion PU2312 CD headunit fitted. Apparently it was an optional extra when new. I have this fitted in my car, it came with an alfa branded instruction manual (looks to be the normal clarion manual with an alfa cover stuck on)

This headunit is actually rather good (alot better than the pathetic silver radio/tape) as long as it's hooked up to a decent set of speakers. It also lights up with the main headlight switch etc like a proper factory fitted unit.

I quite like it and I've kept it and intend hooking it up to some top notch JL Audio speakers and a small subwoofer in the not too distant future.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , headunit