GTV TS Airbag Module - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire
GTV TS Airbag Module

Hi guys

My airbag light is on and a check has shown that the airbag module itself is causing the problem so replacing it and resetting the 'puter should solve it.

I have found various places on the web who can supply me with a replacement module for about 60. Has anyone tried this route and if so is there anything I should be wary of?

I guess they are all interchangeable and don't need encoding for the car or anything like that so if I do get one how do i replace it? All i can find out is that it lives somewhere behind the steering column and you might have to take a good chunk of the dash out to get to it.

Any help would be cool! Likewise let me know if its something I am better off letting a garage do
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Nothing special about changing the module - just disconnect the battery before dis-connecting/ re-co0nnecting the module. Can't remember offhamd where it is on a GTV, but most Alfas have the airbag ECU behind the centre console. I may well have one if you want to check the part number on yours - there are a number of different versions depending on the age of your car - the number will be an eight-digit number beginning 606......

PM me if I can help....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

airbag , gtv , module