Airbag light and alfadiag help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-11-10 Thread Starter
County: Essex
Airbag light and alfadiag help

I went over a speed bump a bit too quick and my airbag light came on. After searching through the posts on here I bought myself an ODB2 USB VAG COM cable on ebay. Its one that has already had the mod done so that pin 7 is connected to 1 and 3.

I also bought the alfadiag licence and was ready to spend a few minutes clearing any fault codes.

After what ended up being many hours of messing around with port settings I finally got a connection with the engine ECU. However no matter what I try I can not connect to the airbag ecu.

Are there any specific port settings I should be using for connecting to the airbag, or if I can connect to the engine does it mean my settings are be ok?

Has anyone got any ideas, cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Hi Mattym,

Not sure if AlfaDiag can clear air bag lights. I use FiatECUScan Software to clear mine. I downloaded this from the FiatECUScan website about 8 months ago. The software was free then not sure about now. Also there is another free software that can clear airbag lights that I also have and used with success KWP71diag aka KWP71.

Hope this info helps.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

airbag , alfadiag , light