help! how can i stop body roll? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GTV TB -96

Are you talking about a strut bar? This does only stiffen the body, reducing flex, making the vehicle more responsive. You can compare it to putting on harder bushings (superflex), or mounting a roll cage. A strut bar can't really affect body roll, since is has no connection to the springs, dampers and wheels.

When driving on a track, changing direction quickly, it is necessary to reduce body roll since you need quick reaction. This might however not increase the maximum corner sped of a GTV, due to understeer that rear wheel passive steering is suppose to reduce when the body is rolling.

Another thing is body pitch when breaking, harder springs could reduce this.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Steiermark
I guess that the front bars of early GTVs (TS & TB), 155, 145/146 are all the same -> appr. 21mm and linked to the front wishbones. I chose the one from 146 model, it helps a lot - the car goes more "flat" around the corners. Unfortunately there are no stronger bars for the rear end...(a long time ago Eibach had a set for the GTV but they are out of production).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

body , roll , stop