Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Had a similar problem with mine, took it for an air con service and regas. Result being no leaks, system fully gassed but still not blowing cold. Garage suggested replacing the compressor.
Before spending out on a new compressor I decided to carry out a full ecu reset, and as a result the air con now blows out icy cold when it should!! I'm not saying this will work for you but it's worth a go before spending out any cash!
Ecu and throttle reset procedure :
1. Disconnect battery for at least 45 mins
2. Reconnect battery, and turn ignition to MAR for 90 secs
3. Turn off and leave 90 secs
4. Start engine WITHOUT pressing throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins (I repeat, do not touch the throttle whilst the car is idling)
5. Turn engine off and leave for 10 minutes
6. Start the car and go for a drive, using a number of styles (eg town, motorway, thrash etc)