GTV 2.0 TS Rear silencer removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Rear silencer removal

Hi all
Ive had my 2000 GTV 4 years now and bought her with a zender twin rear exhaust mod already attached. Now looking underneath i want to remove one of the 2 transverse silencers, preferably the last box to improve the sound without dramatically throwing the tuning out. Is there such a thing as a link pipe tou can buy that links the transverse silencer after the cat to my zender rear end??
Also looking for a air filter improvement/kit any ideas??

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Herefordshire
That box is worth removing improves the performance and makes a nice sound not to loud

Only thing is as yet I have not seen a link pipe but is very easy to do if you have a welder and a bit of pipe,

Air intake mod I found worked the best is resouce a cone filter, and mount inside the air box

I fixed the original filter stay, (looks like a top hat) to the air box lid, cut down so there was about 2 to 3 inchs of pipe left, but make sure you cut after a rib, gives something for the filter to hold on too,

If yours is a cf3 then the cold air feed to the box needs replaceing as it has to many kinks

Also can I say try to avoid fitting a cone filter or simler strait to maf with out air box as you might as leave it std

Hope this helps

TAKE REVENGE!!!, Sh*t On A Pigeon

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , rear , removal , silencer