My VERY bad news, your opportunity... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tyne and Wear
My VERY bad news, your opportunity...

My GTV is knacked!!
oil pipes and cooler failure which lead to engine seizing - less than 1/2 a mile from the bloody garage!!!
anyway it looks like the repair bill is too much for me so i'm going to sell it for spares or as a repairable.
So here's the good :
it's a 99 3.0 v6 (6 speed) with only 53k on the clock and full service history, i've got a whole book full of receipts for work and i am the 2 owner.
The body is vela blue with black leather interior in good condition.
The 17" Teledials were fully reburbed about 1 year ago (cost 300) and are in mint condition, the tyres are also in great condition with only about 5k on all of them.
At its service this june it got a new radiator and new discs and pads all round.
Also the front pipes, centre section and rear section of the exhaust have been replaced relatively recently.
there's more but i really can't remember it at the minute.

and here's the bad..
Lyles's (of Newcastle) tell me :
1. the oil pipes and cooler are shot.
2. the timing is now out because either some teeth on the cam belt have gone or the 'key' thing at the bottom of the cam belts run has broke - either way the cam belt needs replacing to fix the car.
3. some of the valves are bent - not sure how many as the engine currently won't turn because of point 2.
Note, the car was stationary when it seized so the damage should be less than a 'moving' seizure.
Other than those 3 problems there's just minor stuff i hadn't gotten around to : the ariel is stuck down, the drivers door handle rattles and there's a small crack/skuffing on the front bumper (100 quid repair).

So, i'd appreciate any advice or offers to take it off my hands otherwise i think it'll be appearing on eBay soon. Bugger.

Last edited by hebburn_gtv; 11-10-10 at 11:16.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
i've pm'd you

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bad , news , opportunity