fan fuses - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

fan fuses

ok another fan kept blowing the 50 amp fuses,so instead of paying a fortune to get it checked out i just cut the wires and rewired it straight to the battery,slapped an in line fuse and switch on it and hey works a treat and i can turn it on as soon as i start the engine which in the summer keeps it cooler for longer...the guys at auto lusso thought it was a bit dodgy to say the least but hey what do they know hahahahahahaha...can any one see any problems arising from this,,its been like it for about 6 weeks now and other than the wires getting a bit warm,without a problem,,,did use ordinary house hold electrical three line wire to start with and that just got bloody hot haha,,,put in some better wire now that an electrician advised and it doesnt really warm up any more,,,come on spit it out guys haha,not even gonna say what i did to my exhaust hahahaha...but its still punching out 156 brake and going strong haha...just wouldnt get a fiver for her anymore haha...but shes mine and i love her..
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

ok as a very temp fix, but it sounds like a short somewhere. needs sorting really mate. good thinking though

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

fan , fuses