should i buy a gtv?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
should i buy a gtv??

hi all-on tuesday last week a double decker bus decided to run me and my 155 2.0 off the road.she was declared a write off.therefore i am now in the hunt for a new alfa-i have looked today at a 1996 2.0 in red,with 105000 on the clock.shes up for 3995 but i haggled down to 3800,ful service history,cambelt/tensioners done last july.i am a bit concerned regarding the high mileage as i worry about parts breaking.also i have heard that the rear suspension is a bit suspect?.please guys/gals advice is needed!!-i need to buy this week as i need a new motor!!.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: -
Re: should i buy a gtv??

Buy Buy Buy...
AO Member
Re: should i buy a gtv??

price seem about right, ok mileage is a bit high but the engine should be ok for another 50k at least, after all the design has been around for years.

i don't think that i would buy another red car because of the amount of polishing it needs to keep it that way, my last red car kept wanting to turn pink !

listen out for any clonking noise when going over bumps, look at the swinging arm where it joins the alloy beam that runs across the width of the car.
if you can see some shank of the bolts then they need replacing, well thats how i found out that mine were gone.
try to get the car jacked up of the wheels and double check for movement with a large screwdriver.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

buy , gtv