Do I have standard brake caliper - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Overijssel
Do I have standard brake caliper

I was looking for second hand rims for my GTV 3.0 phase 2 from 2001 to put some snow tires on. I came accross 6,5Jx16 ET 35 standard teledial rims from a 156.

I checked the original user manual, which states that 6,5Jx16 was standard for my GTV 3.0, looked up the ET values of a 156 and a GTV and it should have matched.

So, I bought 4 nice rims and tried them on......No luck

The front brake calipers are far to big for the 16 inch rims. I even tried with 20mm spaces, but still then I came about 5mm short. On the back the 16inch rims fit perfectly.

As the brake calipers show the Alfa Romeo logo on them (see picture), I was wondering if there was some upgrade, or option back then for larger brake calipers.

I also noticed that the current 17 inch rims seem to be original teledials, but the ET value is 30,5 and I thought the original 17 inch rims had ET 35mm.

Has anyone some additional info ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02102010031.jpg (34.9 KB, 4 views)

AR 159 3.2 JTS (2006), AR Giulietta 1750 QV (2011), AR Alfetta GTV 3.0 V6 (1984)
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV V6, ex 166er

There are 16" rims and then there are 16" rims - at least on the 166 pepperpots. The Twinkie (non brembo) ones don't fit the V6 (brembo) even though they look identical. Maybe its the same on GTV?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

brake , caliper , standard