Spider seats - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-03-04 Thread Starter
Spider seats

I test drove a V reg spider TS yesterday and being approx 6'3" tall found that I could drive it ok but ideally do with a little more legroom.

With the seat fully back I noticed there was quite a bit of space between the rear of the seat and the rear bulkhead.

Does anyone have any knowledge if the seat runners/mounting can be moved or modified rearwards?

Also I have read on here that the seats can be lower a little, is the case on all spider models?

Any help gratefully received

Sponsored Links
Re: Spider seats

I assume the spider and GTV seats are the same. If so, my local garage advised me NOT to try moving the seats back as they are integrap to the safety of the car.
Like you, I am 6 foot 3 and there is little room to stretch but comfortable enough. I have the cloth seats which found to be smaller than the leather ones meaning there was more room to fit me in.

My seat is reclined and slid all the way back and it is resting on the back seat. I asked the garage about moving the runners back and they said they would not do it but if you want to kill yourself , go ahead. This made me a bit wary about doing the job myself.

Spider seats may be different though.
And my garage could be too scared to try anything new

Good luck!!!
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 23-03-04 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I work at the sports car company and automotive consultancy just outside Norwich and have a few contacts in vehicle safety. I'll try and get a professional opinion on moving seats from the design position and post my findings.

Intersting what you mention regarding cloth seats, I sat in a one year old JTS spider with leather seats and i'm sure it had more room than the older TS with leather I drove at the the weekend. I'll have to seek one with cloth seats to try
AO Gold Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

The seats are lower in the newer phase 3 Spider.Maybe that helps you.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

seats , spider