Oil cooler and pipes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 09-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

Alfa GTV V6

Oil cooler and pipes

Thought I would change my oil cooler and pipes as the pipes at the cooler end were looking a bit rusty and as I was also changing the differential oil seals and putting on Konis and Eibach springs it seemed like a good time to do it. Having spent the day on my back scrabbling around underneath the car I wish I had never started the job. What a struggle. Just so little space to get your hands and spanners into the fittings on the back of the engine even with the driveshaft and oil filter out of the way.

Did see a post about this that asked how to get the oil around the system without harming the engine. Overcame this problem by leaving the oil cooler hanging upside down and attached to the new pipes to ensure no airlocks and filling the system through the top pipe from a funnel before I fixed it back onto the engine. Worked well and oil pressure light went out as soon as I started the engine as normal.

No leaks so glad the job is done but will heavily protect the pipes so that I never have to do it again.

Have a set of suitably adapted spanners to do the job if anybody wants to borrow them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

cooler , oil , pipes