V6 GTV - General upgrades - Help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-08-10 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1605
County: West Yorkshire
V6 GTV - General upgrades - Help

Hi all

Firstly let me oppologise for the following questions i'm sure they have been discussed a million times before but i am new and still finding my way around the site, so please be patient. Thanks.
1. Exhaust upgrade. Don't want huge sound or four pipes out the back but need to improve standard exhaust system. Would be interested to know what people use, where from and how much etc. ( has anyone used mji performance in Walsall ?? )
2. Suspension set up. My car does'nt sit level ( 8 years old ) and been told new suspension set up would sort this out. What again do you recommend and from where ??
3. Tyres. Will need some new ones when winter comes. What brand do folk use and any good retailers would be appreciated ( used camskill before and seemed reasonable )

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this and any help would be trully appreciated.

Thanks Simon.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Languedoc Roussillon
Hello and welcome to AO........had my exhaust made and fitted by MiJ last December, quality, service and sound all great, they have a large range of single, dual and quad end pipes and different centre boxes ( or not if you want really loud )........not seen any bad reports about them on here........
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

A Motorbike ;)

hi there and welcome to AO tyres and suspension are a veritable minefield on here it is all down to personal preference. if you want to do some background reading then go to the Alfa GTV & 916 Spider main page, in the top right hand corner there is a search button. if you type in eihter tyres or suspension it will list all the relevant threads. hope this helps oh, and if you do change anything, don't forget to let us all know about it on here
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Be careful with MIJ and watch everything they do. They made me a new downpipe for my Fiat Coupe and must have taken it out for a spin and crashed it into a high curb. The front chassis rail was bent so much it was rubbing on the aux belt pulleys!

It took a lot of arguments to get it all sorted and I never got everything I deserved.

Workshop and appearance 10/10. Actual integrity and honesty 1/10.

This is just my experience and I'm sure they do a lot of good work for a lot of people, but I'll repeat this warning ever time I hear people asking for advice on MIJ.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

general , gtv , upgrades