Adjusting the door? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

GTV Lusso 3.0

Adjusting the door?

I have a lot of wind noise coming from my GTV and assumed it was the windows needing adjusting but I have had a look at it today and it seems that the windows fit flush, but there is a big gap between the mirror triangle and the seal.

I have also noticed that the gap at the front of the door to the wing is a bit larger than the other side so I suspect the door has been off at some point and not put back properly.

The door lines up at the back so it is just the front that is out, how do I adjust it to the correct position?

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
The half of the hinges attached to the car body do the adjusting. The top hinge is common with the bonnet.

The hinges can move up/down and backwards/forwards. There does not seem to be any in/out adjustment as far as I could tell.

You'll have to remove the wing to get good access to the hinge bolts. Make sure you keep a record of which shim(s) go on each bolt!

As to the gap by the mirror. There's supposed to be a triangular bit of foam as well as the two bits of rubber at that point. Best to check that all is present and correct ( compare with the other door ? ) before doing any adjusting.

Owing to the top hinge being common with the bonnet, I put a bit of masking tape across the gap from the bonnet to the bumper and then cut along the gap with a sharp knife. This allowed me to return the bonnet to it's normal position after the door had been moved by lining up the masking tape edges and using the separate bonnet adjustment method.

You'll probably have to adjust the window afterwards as well. That's not exactly fun!
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
Just to add. The fastenings are all normal hex bolts except the lock pin which you'll need to adjust last. That's Torx.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

adjusting , door