Re: I need advice on buying a gtv
1) Listen for knocking rear suspension. Usually just the toe-link bolt needs tightening. Cheap if caught early, a new sub frame (£1000+) if left.
2) Cam belts should be done between 36K and 60K depending on how lucky you are feeling. Mine have just been done at 49K. Only £230 which beats a new engine. At 54K I'd make sure it's been done.
3) Fast Idle problems are common. Requires a new Stepper Motor and ECU reset - about £150.
4) Front wheel alignment goes out easily so check for inner edge tyre wear.
5) Usuall Alfa electric problems but I've been lucky. Don't touch one with faulty A/C.
6) Alfa dealers and servicing are useless. Find yourself a decent specialist ir get your spanners out.
Whatever you do buy a GTV. The best fun on 4 wheels. Enjoy.