Help!!! V6 problem!:-( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help!!! V6 problem!:-(

Hi guys I got in the car tonight and it has run faultlessly for ages now. But it has now developed a hesitation at 2,500rpm, it revs cleanly before it and also once it has passed there it revs freely to redline. When I got back home I let it idle for a while and the fan kicks in at 90*C but I somehow felt the heat in the engine bay was more intense than normal and had a hot smell about it, also the coolant level looked slightly higher than normal aswell. Anyone got any ides?! I dont think it is the MAF as I had a new Bosch one within the last 12 months. Could it be other sensor faults?!! Any help is much appreciated! Cheers.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

159 1.9Ti-alike

Mine had a bit of a hesitation when I bought it. Once the spark plugs were changed it was all ok.
Maybe check when they were last done?

Hi James sorry I forgot to mention I had the full engine works done by Autolusso in February and its run like clockwork ever since, this is out of the blue which is why I suspect a sensor problem or a fuse or something similar. I hope this the case anyway!!!:-/
AO Member
County: Bedfordshire
Split air intake hose? The flexible bit that bends from the resonator box to the throttle body is prone to split and causes hesitation. Look for a split and patch it up with gaffer tape for a simple fix.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

P2 GTV 3.0

Being relatively new doesn't mean the maf won't fail. Try disconnecting the wire from it & then go for a drive - it won't cause any damage. If the hesitation has gone then its likely it was the maf. Otherwise leaking intake as above or get a diagnostic check.
Problem solved guys! In the s h i t t y place where I live we have been up to now very deprived of good fuel, 95 ron is the main fuel around my way and I had to travel 10 miles to get 97 ron which is what I have done for most of the time I have had the car, anyway we have just had a brand new Tesco open here which sells 99 ron fuel at last!!! .To my delight I found out that my brother had borrowed my car and put some 99 in it and obviously the car had to adjust its running for better fuel. That just shows that 99 fuel is so o o o much better than the s h i t I have been used to! Thanks guy for your suggestions and my god am I happy
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GTV V6, ex 166er

Engine may have been pinking despite ecu wizardry causing increase heat creation.
Could be a crank or camshaft sensor though. These tend to be intermittant and subject to heat

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider