Leaking Radiator - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Leaking Radiator

My spiders been making puddles underneath itself for a while, nothing too bad and some Radweld appeared to slow it down a bit. But Iíve just driven 180 miles down to Cornwall, stuck the car in the car park and then checked it after two days and half the header tanks empty. Filled it up and then checked it again after another two days and itís half empty again - no driving involved!

Would I be incredibly stupid to drive it the 180 miles back home or is it just a case of loading up with bottles of water and checking every half an hour?

Iíve also had a quick look for guides but couldnít find any ĎHow to replace a radiatorí. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wrexham

Member car:

I'd inspect it with it running personally. if its not pouring out you may be ok, sometimes they only leak when the pressure drops i.e. when the ignition is turned off.

I'll be selling one cheap off mine very soon if you'd be interested, it hasn't been on all that long.
Good plan, I’ll nip down to the car park tomorrow and see what happens when I fire it up. Will let you know whether I’m in the market for a new radiator shortly
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Mines leaking too, need to replace asap, but has done meny miles like it. As a temp fix i leave the cap loose slightly to stop the pressure building up to push it out and works ok. Been to Bristol a few times while being stuck in traffic and has held up OK.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

leaking , radiator