Who went to Goodwood today? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire
Who went to Goodwood today?

Hey Guys!
Spent the day at Goodwood thanks to a fellow member on here

Who else went? I saw a few GTV's and a Cup! The day was good but not the best, I found there was a limit on the cars that attended today, this year it was very commercial with several stands about, Audi with a 1M prefab stand, Alfa were second up with an 800k stand,
It was good to see several Alfa classics open it up on the track, much more impressive than the Lambo's!!
I just felt that considering it was the festival of speed, it didn't offer much in the way of cars, you had the Porsche line-up, Alfa, a few ferrari's (As always) We were annoyed that the ''supercar'' run didn't even show the Zonda's even though 2 were in the paddock, Lots of BMW's running on the track to get you to buy one though! And the 370z, and MX5!
However i've never seen soo many 8C's in one place at anytime!

I think i'll be looking forward to the Revival more, Too many clueless chav's appeared on the day
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Perth and Kinross
I went to it once a few years ago and came away very disappointed, it was more the festival of driving slowly up the hill waving at everybody than the festival of speed.
I would have liked to have seen the Alfas this year though.
AO Platinum Member
County: Kent
I was looking forward to seeing the Giulietta in natural light but it remained in the red stand from last year.Hospitality was nice and i got my son a five quid model Giulietta. Found a red example near the paddock but did not" have a pass" to go near it. very enjoyable day overall though.Most of the Alfa Museo is at Goodwood !
AO Gold Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Mk 2 Focus RS

i saw someone crash 1 of the alfas they brought over from the museum in milan into the straw bales around the track, i heard them say 308 so i think they were talking about the car number as i have got a photo of an old alfa with a '308' sticker on it. looks like something broke or he lost control in the corner and slid off into the wall

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

goodwood , today