Clutch issue? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: Good old Sussex by the sea

Member car:

The train :(

Originally Posted by Robiati View Post
As promised here's an update... the new clutch cost 487 including fitting and VAT.

I'm missing the car already. Thanks to everyone here for the advice over the years.
Well you'll always be welcomed back. What car will you replace the spider with? **

Limey - you're welcome mate - after all, we have to maintain standards here!

** don't say a Vauxhall, don't say a Vauxhall, don't say a Vauxhall, don't say a Vauxhall.
Sponsored Links
AO Rosso Alfa Member
County: Northamptonshire
(Post Link) post #28 of 29 Old 30-06-10 Thread Starter
County: Greater London

Member car:

Spider 916

A Vauxhall?! You have to be kidding. Last time I got in a Vauxhall there was a distinct smell of biscuits. My theory is they're actually made as packaging for bumper packs of Family Circle and the wheels and engine are just included as convenient way to get them delivered.

Mind you, in one sense what I'm getting is even worse. Debating family car choice with a pregnant woman is a bit like negotiating with an armed kidnapper who can't quite remember what their demands are.

In the end there's more of a truce than a choice and this seems to be settling on a Lexus RX 400h. Being in London it does mean no congestion charge and I'll finally be able to negotiate the speed bumps of Islington without stopping every 100 meters to rebuild my suspension. It does also happen to go 0 to 60 in 7.5 secs

I will have to get some 'slacks' and a blazer though. And cryogenically store my personality until such a time as I can once again choose a car for driving rather than being a warehouse for lots of baby gear I'm told is essential, even though I don't remember having any of it when I was a kid. Still that was when they thought estate car boots were places to hold surplus infants, secured with nothing other than a hastily barked instruction to hold on tight!
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Spider 916

Took the Spider down to Kent today and it is truly a pleasure, i love it!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

clutch , issue