Car keeps stalling - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-06-10 Thread Starter
County: Durham

Member car:

Car keeps stalling

Hi All
I been having problems with my gtv, when stood still the rev idle use to bounce between 1000 - 1500 rpm, and sometimes keep stalling when i drive. I have cleaned the throttle body, but was unable to get the the ICV (Idle Control Value)? because the bolts had been rounded off. After the clean the the rev idle has stopped bouncing, but the stalling problem still occurs. Please can anyone suggest anything else which will help.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Isle of Wight

Member car:

Bouncing rev counter/stalling

This is an air flow problem.

I solved mine by taking off the air inlet hose from the fuel body regulator and the filter cleaning the whole lot with Carb cleaner .... about 3.50 and changing the air filter... watch out for splits in the hose as this will cause it to die as well.
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

hello and welcome friends....going by my previous problem as is with yours...i think you should try taking the inlet hose off and soaking the manifold and use the(cmon guys whats it called?) bic biro looking tube that comes with the can?,to squirt loads up the air idle valve hole..its just before the butterfly bit at the top.....then put it back together..start her and tap the air idle valve on the top of it with a screwdriver.....(is someone posting this problem as a joke??????????.hahahahahahahaha}theres loads of threads about this problem friend,,,do an ecu restart after and see if it

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

car , stalling