Times are tight and I've got a few little niggles I'm looking to sort with the GTV. One of them is occasional creaking from the rear (mostly?) and underside of the car when at low speed on normal roads (worse over holes though) - sorry this isn't a very scientific analysis
Just had it in for an alternator fit and the nice chaps at the garage did a quick visual inspection and report (including costs) for me to peruse.
Being a pauper I only want to fix the likely cause of the noises first. The garage's comments in the steering and suspension section were (she's old and a bit decrepid!)...
1. Both front shock absorber dust boots in poor condition;
2. Both front subframe plate bushes worn, reqs new modified ones without bushes;
3. Rear subframe has been previously worn in to by the old damper arms, wear is more than the recommended 1mm;
4. Both front lower arm bushes worn, reqs. two new lower arms;
5. Both rear spring pan (pillar) arm bushes worn to excess, reqs 2 new arms.
Any stabs at the likeliest cause of the noises?