Planning the next
AO Silver Member
Join Date: May 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Finally, I didn't like the Alpine wiring method with the excessive cable and uninsulated connectors. I decided to utilise the GTV's loom as it originally was ( seperate bits of wire to each speaker ). I cut the Alpine leads ( be careful to leave the capacitor crossover in place! ) and soldered them onto the original tweeter connector . The join was insulated with heat shrink tubing as well as the original transparent tweeter insulator sleeves. This is the completed unit back in the door card and the conector clipped onto its mount.
Yes, it took time to do, but with the car away being resprayed it was just another thing I did at the same time as cleaning and refurbing the mountains of plastic trim and other bits removed from the car.
Last edited by pkr; 27-01-14 at 15:18.