Airbag warning light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 21-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Airbag warning light

Just travelling home from work and as i slowed down past a speed camera I noticed my airbag warning light has just come on!!!! Why?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
Originally Posted by Steve GTV View Post
Just travelling home from work and as i slowed down past a speed camera I noticed my airbag warning light has just come on!!!! Why?
happened to me last week, just driving along, nothing special
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

Apparently the sensor under the seat in some models can be very screwy, and liable to be triggered by the slightest movement.

Personally, I've stuffed some rubber foam into the airbag LED housing so that thing never bothers me again.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

have you checked the connections under the seat? sometimes the connection will pull if you are moving the seat. check the connection wires aren't pushed back so that they make a clean coonection with there opposite counterparts if you know what i mean. its a common thing. if that doesn't sort it, get a diagnostic check. it will tell you if its the ecu or not. this is easy to change and aren't too expensive from a scrappy. i got one for E50. it lives under neath the centre console. just pull out the plastic things that keep the carpet in place and one screw on either side, between the handbrake and the seats. you will see thick orange cable leading to a metal box that is bolted to the floor. you can take that off with a small spanner. before you attempt to take it off, disconnect the negative lead on the battery. some say to leave it disconnected for 45 minutes but i did it without waiting with no problems. there is a yellow socket that looks kind of like a scart lead. there is a clip on that , that locks it in place. just pull that. get your new ecu and just do all that in reverse. i'm sorry if i described that badly, its not as complicated or difficult as it sounds when you are doing it. check under the seats first and get an indie garage to do the reading. i hope this helps

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

airbag , light , warning